Large Can bigger than soda can (Rockstar Energy Drink or Arizon Tea works fine)
Thin Sheet of Plastic Card
Thicker Sheets of Plastic Card
Dremel Tool with a rotor bit
Small Plastic Rod
I decided to do this using 3D objects I made to make it a little less confusing. These objects are color coated only for the tutorial not the actual paint scheme.
1) Measure on a thick sheet of plactic card 9.3cm x 9.3cm square
2) Cut out the square
3) Repeat and make a second square
4) Mark the angle the can will be on the square.
5) Cut the can on the marked line and then mark the square the circle the can makes.
6) Use the dremel and cut the circle out of the square and glue the second square to the cut one.
9) Cut the fins out.
10) Measure 3x 1/2" on the plastic rod. Then cut.
11) Glue the middle of the rod 3/4" down the can at the bottom and bend the rod to mold around
the can. Glue these evenly apart.
12) Turn the can upside down and glue the fins equally spaced out from each other facing the bottom of the can up against the rods.
14) Glue 3 of them spaced out vertically on the can starting about 3/4" down the can from the bottom of the can and cut any excess.
- You can add cannon holes to the pod by cutting them out and putting green stuff on the inside of the can before you glue it to the base. (Might want to put the pod together first if your going to do this)
- You can add steel wool to the pod to make it look like its smoking.
- You can cut into the base and make it look like the ice it crashed into cracked.
- You can add string and some material to the pod's top to make it look like the parachute was deployed.